Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Doyle Schoalrship

As a young woman, I seek primary role models in my life such as Jane Austen. She once stated that “If adventures will not befall a young lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad.” Her writing has inspired me to seek my own adventures by standing out and challenging myself academically. The ability to easily problem-solve in stressful situations has bolstered my career path to becoming a Clinical Psychologist. I challenge myself frequently by taking AP and honors courses. Thus, I will be prepared for college and will have developed strong academic skills.

My educational aspirations consist of attending the University of Nevada, Reno and acquiring a bachelor's degree or higher in psychology. Becoming a clinical psychologist will allow me to specialize in physical health concerns and help patients to manage stress or chronic illnesses. My kindness and empathy inclines me to work with people and help them overcome hardships. I developed a service-learning project at the Lemelson STEM Academy. My project encouraged elementary students to engage in learning and to release stress. This project is just one example of my community involvement.  I have always been highly motivated to improve and better the lives of others.

This past fall, I secured an internship at Renown. There, I interacted with patients of varying ages, backgrounds, and health concerns. Interning at Renown has been a great experience and has ameliorated my desire to help those in need. A hospital is a fast-paced and collaborative environment that I am drawn to.  
       
  This scholarship will financially assist me in my future endeavors by opening new doors for me. Attending UNR will help me attain academic excellence and benefit my personal study as a Clinical Psychologist. I will seek abroad and find my own adventure as Jane Austen once did.

No comments:

Post a Comment