Monday, November 26, 2018

To My Mother.. (Finale)

How can a house, a collection of wood and glass, have so much power over someone? In order to make my virtues project memorable, I had to first start with a foundation. My home is the foundation of all my memories and my collection of items. But a home truly isn't a home unless it's filled with cordial bodies. Those inside the home fill it with love and warmth and, most importantly, memories. I believe memories are memorable. Memories are our most precious possession that we hold. Not everyone recollects the same, but we do share the same memory. In order to obtain accurate memories, I had to ask my mother about the memories I share with her. As the saying goes, there are two sides to every story. Not only did I want my project to be heart-felt, but I also wanted it to be valid. Building a project like this not only helped me understand my mother better, but my peers as well. I am thankful for Mrs. Mahr for inscribing a new virtue in me: diligence. The following is the last virtue in my project. 




Key #10 Thankfulness:
When you are pleased and grateful for what you have.
My mother is someone who values every single thing she has. My mother grew up very poor. She never had a collection of Barbie dolls or a board game. She only had sticks and rocks to play with. When I am at the store with my mom I have a tendency to say “well it's only $1..it’s only nail polish...it’s only this", but for someone living in poverty a dollar is all that they have and nail polish is a luxury. My mother is the one who showed me to appreciate everything that I have and I do. I am also thankful for my mother. She has given me clear guidance and good advice. She has shown me love and is always there when I need her. Be thankful for what you have. Be thankful for your parents, your friends, your teachers. They are your moral compass. So next time you see someone you love and care about just give them a hug and say thank you. Make them feel appreciated.    

No comments:

Post a Comment