Friday, October 5, 2018

Vampires, Werewolves, and a Young Girl

Did I mention that this is a 5 part series? Well, I will be writing about the Twilight saga for the next week. I have already started my 5 part Twilight series last week in my last post. However, I never acknowledged why I chose to write about Twilight. This post will describe why Twilight is such a prevalent story in my life.
Twilight was the first book series I read and finished as a child. The series introduced me to an intense romance, mythical creatures, strength, and resilience. It was the first book series that I grew attached to and became a fan of. In 2008, when the first film came out, my love for the Twilight saga grew stronger and eventually every one of my friends were talking about it. It was Romeo and Juliet but with a twist.
The films portrayed a forbidden love but with vampires and werewolves. It was a young girls fantasy. A lot of young girl wanted the praise and attention that Bella received from two incredibly gorgeous males, Edward and Jacob. Although I am no longer a preteen, I still carry that love for the films and the books. Rereading the books and watching the films will always remind me of my childhood. A time where I didn’t stress about every small thing. A time where curiosity ran through me like a stream. Those films and books will forever be my escape from reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment